If you are over 50 you better understand that is just a slice of what Republicans have in store for older Iowans and Americans if they win. With Trump as president and with Republicans running even one house of congress you can expect:
- Cuts in Social Security. Remember that Joni Ernst went behind closed doors to talk about with her monied supporters
- Also Social Security. Trump already has plans to choke Social Security by cutting the payroll taxes through executive order.
- Medicare will be on the block also. If it cannot be killed legislatively, it will most likely be killed through another executive order.
- Medicaid will also be a target of legislative action or executive order.
- While executive orders may be rolled back, it will take a lot of time and effort during which time there are no benefits.
- For those who think they are too young to worry about cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid don’t forget that the Trump administration is backing a case currently before the Supreme Court meant to end Obamacare. If that happens, pre-existing conditions come back to life. Most everybody over 30 has a pre-existing condition.
- Therefore even if you can get private insurance, it will be expensive.
- If Obamacare goes away, we will have many hospitals that will be forced to give unpaid for care to those who can’t pay. They will make it up with higher charges to those who have insurance. That in turn will cause insurance rates to sky-rocket.
- As a reminder, Covid will remain as a major killer of those over 65. Why? Because Trump refuses to do anything to stop the pandemic.
- Another reason Covid will be a top killer is because of reality deniers like Joni Ernst. Remember that she believes that doctors are only claiming people are dying of Covid to make more money.
So if you are over 50, voting for Trump or Ernst or for that matter any Republican this year is literally a vote against your own good. If you are voting for a Republican because of a good economy, this economy is on the verge of collapse. If you are over 50 or in retirement years, finding a new job when the economy collapses won’t be easy.
Think long and hard if you are over 50 before you vote for a Republican. If you are over 50 you should have experienced that good solid economies in this country have been built by Democratic administrations. Republicans have come in behind Democratic administrations for nearly 100 years and eroded the solid economies built by the Democrats. George W. Bush went from a solid expanding economy to a near massive worldwide depression in 8 years. Trump is almost there.