You can still send a comment directly to the FCC.
You can see the filing here. https://www.freepress.net/resource/108253/free-press-petition-deny-sinclair-tribune-merger
Media action alert from Demand Progress
The FCC has just paused its review of the Sinclair-Tribune merger.
The FCC announced that it is putting its consideration of the merger between Sinclair Broadcast Group and Tribune Media on hold for two weeks to allow for more public comments.1
This announcement comes just as a union representing news employees at some Sinclair stations has said it is planning a public campaign against the merger.2
Momentum to shut down this awful merger is in our favor. Now we need to drive as many comments as possible to the FCC’s website in order to stop Sinclair from airing Trump TV into all our homes.
Sinclair has a long history of pushing its pro-Trump, ultra-conservative political agenda through the local stations that it owns across the county. It requires local news anchors to read prepared statements in support of Trump’s policies, forced affiliates to air Trump fluff pieces when he was a candidate, and gave airtime to fake news infomercials attacking President Obama.3
And if the pending merger is allowed to go through, Sinclair will be able to air its Trump TV through television stations in 3 out of 4 homes in America.4 In several markets, like Seattle, where both Sinclair and Tribune own stations, cities would lose jobs and news coverage if this merger is completed.5
But our outcry about this terrible merger has finally gotten the FCC’s attention, and now we have a chance to raise the public’s voice and shut down this deal for good. Will you chip in $5 to stop Trump TV?
Thanks for standing with us,
Kurt Walters, Demand Progress
1. Variety, “FCC Puts Two-Week Pause on Review of Sinclair-Tribune Merger,” October 19, 2017
2. Politico, “Union boss threatens campaign against Sinclair,” October 19, 2017
3. The Huffington Post, “This Sinclair-Tribune Merger Is A Rotten Deal For America,” September 6, 2017
4. The Guardian, “This is Sinclair, ‘the most dangerous US company you’ve never heard of’,” August 17, 2017
5. Politico, “Union boss threatens campaign against Sinclair,” October 19, 2017