One of the pleasures of doing the quiz is to add the frills. Often, like this week, that means a new Randy Rainbow satire. Without further delay, take it away Mr. Rainbow!
Memorial Day for decades and decades has meant 2 things. First is the Indy 500. Second is opening of the public pools. This year we get neither. The Indy race is scheduled to run on August 23rd. Not sure I would place a bet on that. As for the pools my guess is that this will be a year without public pools. But we all have memories of great races and fun times at the pool.
Another strange week in the reign of King Donny Corona.
- Thursday it was revealed that at least four states were providing an inaccurate picture of new coronavirus cases by doing what?
- Donny Corona hands another huge gift to Vladimir Putin when Donny announces the US will withdraw from what arms control treaty?
- May 25th, 1787 – delegates gather in Philadelphia to begin to draw up what document?
- The Atlantic hurricane season officially starts June 1. However what first named storm of the season was spawned off the coast of Florida last weekend?
- A black citizen of Des Moines was attacked and beaten last Saturday in what appears to be a what?
- A woman in Wisconsin was diagnosed with Covid-19 last week even though she has been taking what for over 20 years?
- Following the firing of the State Department IG last week, what cabinet secretary has come under increasing fire for his misuse of public funds?
- Memorial Day evolved after the end of the US Civil War. How many soldiers died in our Civil War?
- Once again Donny Corona visits a worksite and refuses to publicly wear a mask. What plant did he visit last week?
- Let’s take a stroll. May 27, 1937 – what landmark opens with over 200,000 people walking across it?
- Heavy rain and breeched dams created major flooding in what state last week?
- Super typhoon Amphan smashed ashore in what highly populated Asian bay area?
- The stock market took a big jump Monday when what company announced phase 1 success for its Covid-19 vaccine?
- Covid-19 deaths in the US will soon surpass US deaths what 20th century war when they pass 116,000?
- The wife of what late astronaut, senator and presidential candidate succumbed to Covid-19 in Ohio at age 100 last week?
- What year did Memorial Day become recognized as an official holiday?
- Last week a video of Norma McCorvey surfaced where she admitted to changing her public stance on abortion for a bribe. What name was McCorvey much better known by?
- What company has withdrawn its iconic baby talc from sale following continuing legal battles?
- What politician described Donny Corona as “morbidly obese” during an interview last week?
- A family in Virginia went for a ride last week. They stopped to pick up a couple of bags in the road they thought were trash. When they got home and looked in the bags, what did they find?
Here’s a memory we wish we didn’t have. Richard Engel’s prognostication on election night 2016. Don’t let it happen again. (2 minutes)
- Combining antibody test numbers with initial tests for the virus. This would make the # of tests seem greater while finding fewer new cases.
- The “Open Skies “ Treaty
- The Constitution
- Hurricane Arthur
- A hate crime
- Hydroxychloroquine – she has been taking it for lupus
- SoS Mike Pompeo
- A Ford plant making ventilators in Michigan
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- Michigan. The flooding was in a city named Midland which also has a Dow chemicals plant.
- The Bay of Bengal
- World War I
- Annie Glenn. She was known in her own right for working with speech disabilities.
- Jane Roe as in Roe v. Wade.
- Johnson and Johnson
- Speaker Pelosi
- A million dollars in cash.
Keep a solemn Memorial Day.