Action Alert from Bold Iowa:
On Tuesday, Bold Iowa set up the #FarmersDefenseCamp with the permission of farmer Shirley Gerjets on her property near Rockwell City, which was taken against her will via eminent domain by Dakota Access for the pipeline.
We’re activating the more than 2,500 people who have signed the Bakken Pipeline Pledge of Resistance to join us.
Join us this Saturday, Oct. 29 for a nonviolence training and day of direct action to stop construction on Dakota Access.
- WHAT: Bold Iowa #FarmersDefenseCamp Nonviolence Training & Direct Action
- WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 29, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (approx.)
- 10:00 a.m: Nonviolence training* (*If you plan to risk arrest with us, you must attend this training)
- 11:30 a.m: Lunch and Direct Action planning
- 12:30 p.m: Depart for direct action location(s)
- WHERE: Farm of Shirley Gerjets
- 2923 270th St., Rockwell City, IA, 50579 (map)
- RSVP: Please click here to RSVP on so we know how many are coming*
(*To respect our gracious host Shirley’s wishes, we are strictly limiting overnight camping on the property to 20 people total. Please note on the form if you’re interested in camping.)
We’re also excited for Sunday’s “Climate Revolution Rally” at Fleur Cinema in Des Moines, where Bold Nebraska’s Jane Kleeb will give an update on the Dakota Access pipeline fight, plus live music, and Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Josh Fox (“Gasland”) will join us to discuss and screen his new documentary on climate change.
- WHAT: “Climate Revolution Rally” feat. Jane Kleeb and Josh Fox
- WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 30, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Film screening at 5:30 p.m.)
- WHERE: Fleur Cinema, 4545 Fleur Dr., Des Moines
- TICKETS: Click here to purchase tickets for a $10 donation to Bold Iowa
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday at #FarmersDefenseCamp and Sunday at the Climate Revolution Rally!
Ed Fallon and the Bold Iowa team
735 19th ST
Des Moines, IA 50314 US