There is plenty of blame to go around: Here’s what BFIA came up with for starters. Assign your own percentages. Feel free to add to the list.
– Senate Republicans
– Red state Democrats (4 of them) who voted with Republicans
– The Senate filibuster rules.
– Harry Reid for backing down on filibuster reform
– Republicans for being the party of stupid
– Congressional Republicans who made it their #1 priority to obstruct everything Obama tries to do
– Democrats who didn’t come out and vote in 2010 because they were “disappointed” in President Obama
– The vast majority of Americans who do not participate in “politics”
– President Obama, who not being omnipotent, can’t make the GOP stop being the GOP
– Mitch McConnell
– Rand Paul
– Chuck Grassley
– Conservative talk radio
– Clear Channel
– Fox News
– Rupert Murdoch
– Mainstream media’s insistence that both parties are equally to blame
– Lack of journalism, lack of reporting on issues.
– Bloggers who spend too much time online instead of making phone calls
– The NRA
– The Koch Bros.
– Citizens United
– Republicans who don’t agree with what Republicans are doing, but are too afraid of other Republicans to speak up
– All of us. 100%