Amber Ruffin with her unique perspective: (6 minutes)
Out of fear that an election may break out at any minute, the Republican led Iowa legislature put on their Speedos to rush some major voter suppression laws through the legislative process in what may be record speed for legislation. If there were a huge natural disaster, I doubt they would move with such alacrity. Stopping Democrats from voting is much more important.
What is strange is that they have bothered to create time tables and other regulations when to be honest the bill they want to pass could come down to a simple sentence – “If you are a Democrat, we don’t want you to vote in Iowa.”
- Snow, SNOW! fell in such odd places as what Greek city that is best known as one of the cradles of civilization?
- In another chapter of the “Worst Governor in the US” contest, Kim Reynolds entry was to fire what company just as they were about to be hired to create a central system for Covid vaccinations?
- In Florida, their contestant in the “Worst Governor in the US” – Ron DeSantis – ordered flags to be flown at half staff following the death of what radio personality?
- Trouble in Texas caused by weather and lack of state government to be prepared. Senator Ted Cruz met this challenge by doing what?
- It was a busy week for President Biden. He ended the week by taking a tour of what crucial manufacturing plant in Michigan Friday?
- Also Friday, the US rejoined what multi national effort on climate?
- Hiram Revels of Mississippi was the first black member of what group?
- The bane of the far right wing Republican Party, what NYC representative to congress has raised over $2 million for relief for victims of the Texas disaster?
- How long did it take for the Mars lander Perseverance to fly from the earth to Mars?
- February 21, 1965, what black leader was assassinated while giving a speech in NYC?
- You never forget your first. Tomorrow is the birthday of what major American historical figure?
- Snow was also seen on the peaks of the camels as it fell heavily in what country best known for oil?
- In 1939, soprano Marian Anderson was blocked from performing at Constitution Hall because of her race. What openly racist group owned the Hall and stopped Anderson’s performance?
- Canada is in the process of passing legislation to impose heavy restrictions on what deadly items?
- Despite political differences who authorized disaster declarations for Texas and Oklahoma and immediately sent FEMA into Texas?
- February 14th, 2018 – 17 lives are lost at a school shooting where?
- NY AG Letitia James sued what major company over its “handling of worker safety issues around Covid-19”?
- When Ted Cruz and family left frigid Texas, they left their poodle behind in the cold. The poodle’s ironic name is what?
- Trouble in the love nest. Who did the previous president describe as “a dour, sullen and unsmiling political hack” last week?
- Jacqueline Von Ovost and Laura Richard had their promotions to what held up so as not to upset the previous administration?
“If you elect people who hate and fear government to run government, you get bad government
Bad government has consequences. Bad government can’t handle a crisis, won’t help its citizens, and can only blame others for its failure. Quod erat demonstrandum
Remember this. “- Stonekettle tweet
- Athens, Greece at the Acropolis
- Taking his family to Cancun
- Pfizer where the covid-19 vaccines are being made
- The Paris Climate Accords
- The US Senate
- Liftoff was last July 30th, so @ 6 months and 20 days
- Malcolm X
- George Washington
- Saudi Arabia
- The DAR or Daughters of the American Revolution
- Guns – not a national ban but still imposes major fines and penalties for carrying certain weapons.
- President Biden
- Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Florida
- Moscow Mitch McConnell
- They were to be named top-tier Generals – Then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, advised against a recommendation to nominate Air Force Gen. Jacqueline Van Ovost, currently head of Air Mobility Command, to take over U.S. Transportation Command; and another for Lt. Gen. Laura Richardson, of U.S. Army North, to lead U.S. Southern Command, for fear the Trump White House would replace them with other candidates, the Times said.
I bet if Texas renamed their power grid to uterus, the state would be regulating the sh*t out of it. – Irishrygirl tweet