Warning – Not safe for work due to language. George Carlin on finding himself: (4 minutes)
A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.
Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires.
“Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service,” the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.
Speaking of loose screws, guess who is still in charge.
- In one of the strangest press conferences ever, what cabinet officer defended his handling of the case of Jeffery Epstein?
- The USWNT won the World Cup. What country’s team did they beat in the finals?
- The USWNT’s coach, Jill Ellis, became the first coach to achieve what record in women’s soccer?
- 50 years ago this coming Saturday – July 20, 1969 – the world practically stood still as what event took place?
- Iowa’s second congressional district contest drew what big name Republican candidate last week?
- In a seeming capitulation, Dear Leader abandoned his quest to get what question on the census questionnaire?
- Following a rough week, what cabinet member resigned post Friday morning?
- Happy Birthday to what folk singer/ social activist who’ve us so many songs including “This Land Is Your Land”?
- As Dear Leader was giving a speech praising himself for his climate achievements, what was the weather in Washington, DC?
- Virginia governor Ralph Northam convened a special legislative session to deal with what issue that was highlighted by an event in Virginia Beach on May 31st?
- The cost of running Medicaid in Iowa went up by how much based on the new contract the state awarded to the MCOs?
- What once major news source for black Americans published its last print edition last Wednesday?
- Today is also the birthday of what only person who became president without ever being elected president or vice-president?
- New Orleans is reeling from the effects of what hurricane that hit this weekend?
- What person who ran an off-again, on-again campaign for president in 1992 died last week?
- One in, one out. What Democrat dropped out of the presidential race, while what other jumped in?
- In Oklahoma a man who was stopped for expired tags on his vehicle was found to have what dangerous substance in the car?
- The Seth Rich murder conspiracy story was revealed to be a total lie planted by what group and spread by Fox News?
- Senate candidate Amy McGrath raised $2.5 million in her quest to unseat what powerful Republican senator?
- US exports to what country dropped 31% in June from last June?
John Fugelsang on twitter
Remember, Evangelicals – Trump has expressed more public sympathy for Labor Secretary Alex Acosta – who illegally gave Epstein a slap on the wrist – than he has for Epstein’s rape victims.
Trump’s also criticized his own accusers’ looks more than he’s criticized Epstein’s rapes.
- Labor secretary Alex Acosta
- The Netherlands
- Winning back-to-back World Cups
- The moon landing
- Former congressman from Illinois, Bobby Schilling
- The citizenship question
- Former labor secretary Alex Acosta
- Woody Guthrie
- DC got a month of rain in an hour while Dear Leader was praising himself.
- Guns. Republicans quickly blew the system up and adjourned.
- 8.6% or $386 million
- The Chicago Defender
- Gerald Ford
- H. Ross Perot
- Swalwell dropped out, billionaire Tom Steyer jumped in
- Radioactive uranium along with a rattlesnake
- Russian Intelligence
- Mitch McConnell
- China – and just the other day Dear Leader said China was buying more……
Following the resignation of its Ambassador to the United States, Kim Darroch, the government of the United Kingdom has disclosed that it has been unable to find a replacement for Darroch who does not also think that Donald J. Trump is a blithering idiot.
At a press conference at 10 Downing Street, the British Prime Minister, Theresa May, revealed that the search for a new ambassador who does not believe that Trump is an imbecile has thus far come up empty.
“We did not want a repeat of the unfortunate Kim Darroch incident, so we made the first question on the job application, ‘Do you think Donald Trump is a moron?’ ” May said. “So far, none of the applicants has checked the ‘no’ box.”