A Happy St. Paddy’s Day to the lot of ye. May ye all be half an hour in heaven afore the devil knows you’re dead. Being Irish and a Democrat I am proud to say we have had some great Irish Democratic politicians. Maybe one of the greatest was this recent young man whose ancestry goes back to Moneygall. Here he samples a Guinness during his visit to his ancestral homeland:
We could all use a bit of the luck of the Irish these days.
- Speaking of the Irish, Ireland’s PM Leo Varadkar met with US VP Mike Pence. What added a bit of tension to this meeting?
- Allowing Dear Leader to declare a national emergency at the southern border was defeated by what margin in the senate Thursday?
- How did Iowa’s senators vote on this bill?
- At the Iditarod dog sled race, the leader lost his lead when his dog team did what Monday?
- Sounding like a threat of civil war, what American leader claimed that if Democrats played tough he had “the police, the military and bikers”?
- The Democratic National Committee picked what city to host its 2020 convention?
- School children around the planet walked out of classes Friday to protest what problem that confronts the globe?
- Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old student in Sweden, was nominated for a Nobel Prize last week in what area?
- What former congress member jumped into the Democratic primary with a big splash on Thursday?
- In a really bad proposal, Iowa’s Senator Ernst unveiled a plan that would allow new parents to take time off and make up their pay by doing what?
- Following several crashes and other problems airplanes from what company were grounded around the world.
- What country was the last to join in the grounding of these airplanes?
- Immediately following his sentencing in another federal court, Paul Manafort was notified about charges being filed by what state?
- Brexit crashed and burned in Parliament in votes last week. Who is the current Prime Minister of the UK dealing with this near impossible situation?
- Another mass shooting, this time not in the US. Where did a white supremacist inspired massacre take place Friday morning?
- California Governor Gavin Newsom announced a moratorium on what state function this week?
- Another batch of awful Tucker Carlson audios surfaced this week. Most of the audios were of Carlson calling in to what radio show?
- Indictments were handed down for elite personalities who were paying huge bribes to ensure their children could do what?
- What Democratic presidential contender had their ads calling for the break up of tech giants removed and then replaced by tech giant Facebook?
- What Fox anchor was rebuked by the company for claiming that Rep. Ilhan Omar supported Sharia in defiance of the constitution because Omar wore a hijab?
Jill Sobule asks the musical question “Who is a democratic socialist?”
- Varakdar is an out homosexual and had his partner with him. Pence as most know is a virulent homophobe
- 59 to 41
- Both voted with for Trump to declare the emergency
- Stopped after the musher yelled at one of the dogs in the team. He lost a 5 hour lead due to this.
- Dear Leader himself!
- Climate change
- Peace, for her climate activism. Thunberg was behind Friday’s protest as well as many other climate related activities.
- Beto O’Rourke
- Drawing on their Social Security very early and thus delaying their retirement. Or work until you die.
- The US. We are no longer #1 in air safety, folks.
- New York
- Theresa May
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- The death penalty
- The Bubba The Love Sponge Show.
- Be accepted into elite schools
- Elizabeth Warren
- Jeanine Pirro
My cat is still a bit groggy from the time change. Losing an hour of sleep makes him pretty hard to get along with for about 8 months or so.