Hard to believe it is only just July now since it has been July hot for over a month now. The Fourth is smack in the middle of the week this year which with ruins long weekends or makes them longer. That depends on who you are I guess.
With what is going on in this country right now, one could easily imagine folks like Jefferson, Paine, Adams and Franklin rising from their graves and collectively screaming at us “What the hell have you done to our country??? You better fix it or lose it!”
Today is Canada Day for our one time friends to the north. Guess they will be imposing some tariffs on our goods starting today in response to tariffs we placed on their goods. They were such good neighbors. Whatever happened, I wonder?
Today is also Election Day in Mexico. Chances are good that their new president will not build a wall for Dear Leader, either. Chances are also good that the new president will be working to greatly lessen US influence in that country. Once again we must wonder why? (That is snark if you don’t recognize it)
On to the quiz in yet another week unlike any other week.
- A report from the United Ways of Iowa said that what percentage of Iowans could not pay monthly bills that cover the basic necessities?
- What date will recreational marijuana be legal in Canada?
- Back in January Anthony Kennedy did what that indicated he was planning on remaining on the SCOTUS next year?
- The case that SCOTUS announced this week that ended union agency fees for government employees was known as what?
- Another day another mass shooting in the US. What city was the location of the Capitol Gazette shooting Thursday?
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team obtained computers and phones from what cabinet secretary’s sibling Monday?
- Who called for immigrants to be removed without “Judges or court cases”?
- Due to tariffs, what company will now shift some manufacturing to Europe?
- A federal judge in California gave the administration how many days to reunite children and parents separated at the border?
- The Kansas Supreme Court once again found the state’s spending on what inadequate for the 3rd time in 2 years?
- Anthrax was confirmed in a cattle herd in what state?
- A 4th of July question: What 3 presidents died on July 4th?
- We may soon have to buy imported what as the steel tariffs may drive what Poplar Bluff, Missouri out of business?
- How did Iowa’s congress member vote on the second Republican immigration bill?
- What political provocateur on Tuesday stated “I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight”?
- A Pittsburgh policeman Wednesday was charged with criminal homicide in what incident?
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez made national headlines when she did what Tuesday?
- Despite great fanfare what country has yet to fulfill any promises Dear Leader claimed they are?
- What member of congress had to call off events in Texas and Alabama after credible death threats?
- She must be delusional. Senator Ernst claims that who is listening to concerns about trade negotiations?
Representative John Lewis:
“Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble.”
- 37% (that is really scary)
- Oct. 17
- Hired clerks for the next Court term
- Janus v. AFSCME
- Annapolis, Md.
- Erik Prince brother of Secretary against Education Betsy DeVos
- Dear Leader
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles
- South Dakota
- Thomas Jefferson and John Adams in 1826 and James Monroe in 1831
- Loebsack, King and Blum voted NO, Young voted Yes. Surely reasons varied among them
- Milo Yiannopoulos
- The shooting of an unarmed black teen, Antwon Rose, Jr.
- Won a congressional primary in NYC Tuesday defeating Joe Crowley
- North Korea. In fact they are making rapid upgrades to their nuclear reactors
- Maxine Waters
- Dear Leader
John Fugelsang on twitter:
Racist illiterate reality show clown who ran for President and came in second & literally doesn’t know the 3 branches of government seeks to withdraw US from World Trade Organization and only a globalist cuck would point out that’s exactly what Putin wants.