My teeth damn near fell out watching the strange press conference called by Donald Trump Wednesday. When he called for Russia to hack Hillary Clinton’s email account, like so many, I was stunned. Did he just call on an enemy nation to hack into the email accounts (invade as it were) of our government officials for his political gain?
At least when Nixon and Reagan consorted with the enemy they had enough brains not to announce it in a press conference.
If Trump is elected you won’t have to worry about the NSA spying on our calls and emails. Nope, like most of his work, that will be offshored to whatever the KGB is called today.
Were you paying attention?
1) Stephen Colbert stated that he liked Michelle Obama’s speech so much he could hardly wait to hear it again when who gives it?
2) Right wing heads exploded when Michelle Obama stated that what had been built with slaves?
3) In that strange news conference, Trump also stated that Tim Kaine had been a lousy governor of what state?
4) August 1, 1944 the last entry to this future best selling book was penned by what author before she and her family were arrested in Amsterdam?
5) Tim Kaine’s father-in-law, Linwood Holton, is the former Republican governor of what state?
6) At an appearance in Iowa, Donald Trump reiterated his support for the use of what in interrogations?
7) Marni Nixon died last week at age 86. She was a movie star in the 50s and 60s but was seldom seen. Why?
8) The Solar Impulse completed its mission last week, becoming the first what?
9) Tim LaHaye died at age 90. He couldn’t wait to be raptured. LaHaye sold millions of books as the author of what series?
10) New Zealand has declared war on weasels, rats and feral cats in an effort to save what?
11) What comic during a presentation at the DNC told the Bernie or Busters “You’re being ridiculous!”?
12) Once valued at over $100 billion, what company was bought by Verizon for $4.8 billion last week?
13) Who was released from a government psychiatric hospital this week to live with his mother because “he was no longer a threat?”
14) In Davenport, Donald Trump stated he wanted to do what to some of the speakers at the DNC?
15) During the roll call of states in the vote for president, Iowa’s delegation highlighted its history as being a state of many firsts for what group?
16) Last year’s “ice bucket challenge” money funded research that led to a major breakthrough in the fight against what disease?
17) Yet another mass shooting took place early Monday morning in what city? (2 dead 17 injured)
18) One of the longest ovations was for what former congress person and survivor of an assassin’s bullet?
19) Trump has advisors and his campaign chair seriously confused when he came out for and against what issue last week?
20) As a gift in honor of Finland’s 100th anniversary of its independence, neighboring Norway is considering offering them what?
Wasn’t that convention just plain fantastic. Let’s bring it home now.
1) Melania Trump
2) the White House. Bill O’Reilly tried to soften the effect by saying the slaves were “well fed.”
3) New Jersey. Which is true, since Kaine was governor of Virginia
4) Anne Frank
6) water boarding and worse
7) She was the singing voice behind stars like Deborah Kerr in “The King and I,” Natalie Wood in “West Side Story” and Audrey Hepburn in “My Fair Lady,” among many others.
8) solar powered airplane to circumnavigate the world
9) the “Left Behind” series
10) their unique wild bird populations
11) Sara Silverman
13) John Hinckley, Jr. who attempted to kill Reagan
14) hit them so hard their heads would spin. Give him the nuclear football and he can really hit them.
17) Fort Meyers, Florida
18) Gabby Giffords
19) minimum wage. He has so far come out with 5 or 6 different positions
20) a mountain. They are considering an offer to move the boundaries to give Finland a mountain that would be its highest peak.
Let’s go get some votes.