First a sad note: Yesterday (according to worldometers), deaths due to coronavirus surpassed the number of US casualties in World War 1 – 116,651. Our president doesn’t care.
Nobody better to pay tribute to a birthday honoree than Randy Rainbow (3 minutes):
Strange that the week that has been perhaps one of the more historic and more chaotic weeks in the nation’s history would culminate with the birthday of the person who more than anyone is the cause of all the chaos. That is of course Bunker Boy himself. No, I will not wish him a Happy Birthday. I will most certainly wish him a quick exit from the White House and a lifetime of litigation for his sins against the country.
I will say Happy Flag Day, though. At least for that Stars and Stripes flag. Not for that stars and bars flag that is finally being recognized as the flag of treason that it is. That flag has no business flying anywhere in the US.
“For some, this flag, which was comprised of 13 red and white alternating stripes and a Union Jack in the corner, was too similar to that of the British. George Washington soon realized that flying a flag that was even remotely close to the British flag was not a great confidence-builder for the revolutionary effort, so he turned his efforts towards creating a new symbol of freedom for the soon-to-be fledgling nation.
On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress took a break from writing the Articles of Confederation and passed a resolution stating that “the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white,” and that “the union be 13 stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”
It is also still gay pride month. Gee, a gay pride month without parades? Unbelievable! – so we will have some questions. Let’s go!
- Hurray for unreality. California’s film and TV industry were able to go back to work – under some rules – on what day last week?
- General Mark Milley apologized for being part of what White House stunt last week?
- In the wake of the George Floyd protests, allegations of racial disparities swirled around what state university’s football program?
- September, 1955 the Daughters of Bilitis is formed as the first lesbian organization is formed in what American city?
- Meanwhile, the corona virus continues to do its deadly work. What milestone of corona virus cases did the US officially pass Wednesday?
- Cadet Bunker Boy is threatening to “take back” what American city from the “ugly Anarchists”?
- In a surprise, what sports organization outlawed displays of Confederate flags at their events?
- Abraham Lincoln reportedly said, “So you’re the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war” when introduced to what woman born 209 years ago today?
- What two former Republican standard bearers publicly stated they would not support the reelection of Bunker Boy? (According to thehill.com)
- In a really unusual weather phenomena, what tropical storm dumped heavy rain clear up into the US upper midwest, including Iowa?
- In an extremely racially insensitive move, Bunker Boy will be making a campaign appearance in Tulsa, Oklahoma on what date celebrated in black communities?
- The videos of what appears to be racially motivated police stops continues almost unabated, including a black man who was stopped by a white trooper for doing what speed on a Virginia interstate highway?
- In an act of incredible bravery, a former major Chinese soccer star, Hao Haidong, called for the end of what in China?
- Bunker Boy last week also came out in full support of doing what to military bases that are named for Confederate leaders?
- Amazon, IBM and Microsoft all backed off last week on selling what troubled technology?
- December of 1973 the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality as a disorder. When was homosexuality first listed as a disorder?
- Bunker Boy also made headlines when he accused a 75 year old man who was shoved to the ground by police in Buffalo, NY of being a member of what group?
- What country appears to have eradicated Covid-19 within its borders?
- Amid the protests of George Floyd’s death, what TV series has been cancelled by the Paramount network?
- Disney and other advertisers pulled their advertising from what Fox commentary show over remarks by the host?
Actually the confederacy lasted just short of 4 years………
- The walk from the White House to St. John’s Church after the streets were ‘cleared’ of protestors.
- University of Iowa
- San Francisco
- 2,000,000 infections
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- George W. Bush and Mitt Romney
- TS Cristobal
- Juneteenth (June 19th) – the anniversary of the date (1865) when the final slaves were freed in Texas. This just in – apparently there has been a change of heart and the event has been moved back a day. Still doesn’t change what the intent appeared to be.
- He was stopped for going 65 MPH – 5 MPH under the speed limit.
- The Communist Party totalitarian regime in China. As I said – brave.
- Leaving their names alone – a real shout out to his base.
- Facial recognition technology. They have quit for at least a year.
- The non-existent group made up by right wingers known as Antifa
- New Zealand
- Tucker Carlson