First off to all our readers in Canada – Happy Canada Day tomorrow!
For all you firecracker fiends – please be careful and if you don’t have to, don’t blow those things off. Think of the veterans who are traumatized by explosions. Also the pets that are also traumatized.
Finally – do we really have a serial rapist as president? Twenty-two accusations is a big pile of seemingly credible accusations:
That is surely many more accusations than all the other presidents combined by about 22.
Let’s do some history, some contemporary and maybe only a little Dear Leader this week.
- What former president said Friday that a full investigation of the 2016 election would show that Dear leader lost?
- Only 2 people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th. What date did most of the signers sign on?
- In what year did July 4th become a paid holiday for federal workers.
- Several Democratic presidential candidates tried to visit a children’s concentration camp in what Florida city during this past week?
- June 28th, 1969 an “uprising” at what New York City bar is now remembered during parades around the world in June?
- Record number of viewers tuned in to NBC network stations to watch what event Wednesday and Thursday?
- Who has been designated to take Sarah Sanders job as White House spokes-liar?
- Three presidents died on July 4th. Most people know the story of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams dying on July 4th, 1826. What other president died on July 4th?
- What Texas senator drew strong criticism because he threatened to boycott Bank of America because BofA refused to give loans to be used to build what?
- Fireworks were first used to commemorate Independence Day in what year?
- What political leader is planning to turn this year’s July 4th into a campaign style event in Washington, DC?
- Hey, who is going to testify in public before two House committees on July 17th?
- What Democratic presidential candidate unveiled a bill to erase $1.6 Trillion in student debt?
- So – how many hot dogs do you think Americans will eat on July 4th?
- And we will wash those down with about how many dollars worth of beer?
- What city banned the use of e-cigarettes within its borders?
- Who is the newest Democratic presidential candidate (Hint: from Pennsylvania)
- What US women’s soccer star hit some nerves when she stated in an interview that “I’m not going to the f***ing White House”?
- One of the most iconic photos of the current administration’s cruelty to immigrants and and minorities was of the father and young daughter who drowned crossing what river?
- Dear leader met with what old buddy at the G20 meeting in Japan where they shared a laugh about Russia meddling in our elections?
By my estimation, Dear Leader has lied to us about 12,000 more times than George Washington.
- Jimmy Carter
- August 2nd, 1776
- 1938 – it became a federal holiday in 1870, but not paid until 1938
- Homestead, Fl.
- The Stonewall Inn
- The Democratic candidate debates
- Stephanie Grisham
- James Monroe in 1829
- John Cronyn
- Dear Leader
- Robert Mueller
- Bernie Sanders
- 150 million
- $1 Billion
- San Francisco. The top company in that field, Juul is located in San Francisco
- Joe Sestak
- Megan Rapinoe
- The Rio Grande
- Vlad Putin!
The business aspects of the Fourth of July is not perfect as it stands. See what it costs us every year with loss of life, the crippling of thousands with its fireworks, and the burning down of property. It is not only sacred to patriotism and universal freedom, but to the surgeon, the undertaker, the insurance offices – and they are working it for all it is worth.