If Trump can declare a national emergency and fund it, he will quickly realize we don’t need congress.
That aspiring autocrats can pre-schedule a “national emergency” is the actual national emergency
Well the press conference is over (signing the budget compromise bill) and the general consensus seems to be that the person in the White House is crazy. Dear Leader must have sniffed an extra line of Adderall before this one. Does anyone think that Republicans will now understand why having a person with his finger on the nuclear buttons not be in full control of his faculties is a bad thing? I doubt it.
Buckle up, boys and girls. Things are about to get seriously bumpy. The more Dear Leader loses, the rougher the ride for the rest of us.
- Amazon earned $11.2 Billion in profits last year. What was their federal tax bill for that?
- A global scientific review of what species populations shows a shocking (as much as 40%) decline in their populations?
- “If not us, then who – if not now, then when?” Is a quote from what civil rights leader? (Hint: also a congress member)
- What leading Iowa Democratic senator shocked the state Thursday with his abrupt resignation from the senate?
- “I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster.” What was Dear Leader speaking of when he made this statement?
- Another teacher’s strike came and was settled in what major American metropolitan area?
- What major company is pulling from its agreement with NYC because of a “small group of politicians.”?
- Democrats in Iowa will try to expand caucus participation by holding what kind of caucuses in addition to the regular caucuses in 2020?
- What two Democrats jumped into the presidential race last Sunday? (Hint: both are from states that begin with ‘M’)
- Dear Leader held a campaign rally in El Paso Monday. What Democrat held a much larger counter rally at the same time in El Paso?
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” This quotation comes from what former slave and noted statesman?
- Arizona Democrats got a top notch senatorial candidate when who announced his candidacy Tuesday?
- What international drug lord was found guilty of 10 criminal charges in New York Tuesday?
- “Life is not a spectator sport.” Is a quote from what sports pioneer and civil rights leader?
- Sandusky, Ohio dropped the observance of Columbus Day as a holiday and replaced it with what day?
- How many children have been killed in the US since the Parkland school shootings last Valentine’s day?
- Spurred by huge tax cuts for the wealthy, the national debt exceeded what lofty figure last week?
- And another one bites the dust. Brock Long resigned under a cloud of suspicion as the director of what federal agency?
- NASA officially shut down their rover on what other solar system body?
- The Commerce Department released sales data for the recent holiday season. What were the results?
John Fugelsang on twitter:
“Hey @senatemajldr – Congrats on letting Trump stage a crisis. Looking forward to the next POTUS doing #NationalEmergency on climate/health care/mass shootings/living wage. Oh & thanks for making sure DT can’t fill any SCOTUS vacancies until after the next election. -the majority”
- Insects – this is scary
- John Lewis
- Jeff Danielson
- Declaring a national emergency so he can build his fence along the Mexican border.
- Amazon. Some politicians expected Amazon to follow some rules.
- Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
- Beto O’Rourke
- Fredrick Douglass
- Former astronaut Mark Kelley
- El Chapo – Ted Cruz introduced a bill to have El Chapo pay for Dear Leader’s wall.
- Jackie Robinson
- Election Day
- Over 1,100
- $22 Trillion
- Sales were down and hugely disappointing
“Stating that he expected the property to be “bankrupt and vacant within the next two years,” Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, announced on Thursday that the Mar-a-Lago club, in Palm Beach, Florida, would be the site of Amazon’s second headquarters.”