Bold Iowa and Iowa CCI are activating the more than 2,500 signers of the Bakken Pipeline Pledge of Resistance to join us this Saturday, Oct. 15 in west central Iowa for our next nonviolent direct action to stop construction on the Dakota Access pipeline.
In addition to those planning to risk arrest, we will need support teams for all arrestees, as well as folks to stand with us in solidarity, hold signs, and help document the direct actions.
- WHAT: Nonviolence Training + Direct Action to Stop Dakota Access Construction
- WHERE: Lohrville Public Library, 609 2nd Ave, Lohrville, IA 51453 (map)
- WHEN: Saturday, October 15, 2016
- 9:30 A.M: Meet at Lorhville Public Library (Coffee, tea & lunch served)
- 10:00-11:30 A.M: Nonviolence training
- 11:30-12:00 P.M: Direct action planning
- 12:00 P.M: Depart for direct action location(s) (exact location revealed on Saturday)
- RSVP: Click here to RSVP so we know how many are coming.
If you plan to risk arrest, you *must* attend the nonviolence training at 10:00 a.m., or must have previously attended a nonviolence training with us.
Those planning to risk arrest are asked to prepare for that possibility by bringing $300 in bail money — there are also limited funds available for those who do not have personal funds to cover bail and court costs.
We do not take this step lightly, but Dakota Access is trampling sovereign rights, abusing eminent domain for private gain, and threatening our land, water and climate.
Thanks for standing with us.
Bold Iowa, Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement, CREDO Action, and 100 Grannies for a Livable Future.
P.S. Tickets are now on sale for the Oct. 30 “Climate Revolution Rally” in Des Moines feat. Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Josh Fox (“Gasland”) screening his new documentary. Click here to purchase tickets for a $10 donation to Bold Iowa.
735 19th ST
Des Moines, IA 50314 US