When summer starts it’s going to really get hot. I looked up some heatwave humor to try to cool off: http://www.cybersalt.org/clean-jokes/heat-wave-humor
It is so hot that:
*The potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
*The birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground.
*The trees are whistling for the dogs.
*You can make instant sun tea.
Were you paying attention?
1) Iowa State Senator David Johnson of Ocheyedan sent shock waves around the country when he did what?
2) The day before the last of the “super Tuesdays” what news organization claimed Clinton had already won the nomination?
3) June 12, 1963, what civil rights leader is shot in his driveway in Jackson, Miss. leading Pres. Kennedy to propose a comprehensive civil rights bill?
4) Did Swiss citizens accept or reject a proposal for a guaranteed annual income in a vote last Sunday?
5) Judge Alan Persky became social media famous last week following his decision in what case?
6) In a bit of a shock Thursday Iowa House Ways and Means chair Tom Sands announced what?
7) Today is the anniversary of the birth of what world’s best selling author? She never lived to see her diary of hiding from the Holocaust become a book.
8) One year ago next Friday, what heinous racially motivated crime took place?
9) Over in Illinois, Republican Senator Mark Kirk became one of the first Republicans to do what regarding Donald Trump?
10) There is one more primary this week then it’s over. Where is this week’s primary?
11) The Playboy mansion in Los Angeles has been sold. But the sale comes with what unusual stipulation?
12) A nationwide blackout in Kenya was caused by what?
13) June 13th, 1971- the New York Times really tested freedom of the press when it began publication of what top secret documents?
14) The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Thursday that concealed weapons carry was what?
15) In a major endorsement, what star of the Progressive movement endorsed Hillary Clinton Thursday?
16) In addition to the above endorsement, what two high ranking party officials endorsed Clinton Thursday?
17) June 13, 1966, the Supreme Court handed down the Miranda v. Arizona decision. What practice for police came out of this decision?
18) What supposedly liberal comedienne surprised her public by endorsing Donald Trump?
19) Commercial airline flights can now begin between US cities and what formerly forbidden Caribbean nation?
20) Another sports legend died Friday. What hockey legend mostly known for his association with the Red Wings died at 88?
1) resigned from the republican party because of Donald Trump
2) AP – they recounted super delegates and found enough to put Clinton over the top
3) Medgar Evers
4) rejected by a huge amount
5) the Stanford rapist case. He gave the rapsit a very light sentence which enraged the public
6) That he would retire and not run for reelection.
7) Anne Frank – 1929
8) the shooting of nine black people in a church in Charleston, SC.
9) Pull his support from Trump after Trump’s racist remarks concerning the Latino judge
10) Washington, DC
11) Hefner can continue to live there tip he dies. Hef is 90.
12) A monkey who tripped off a power station which caused others to overload and trip off. The monkey survived.
13) Pentagon Papers
14) not in the constitution. This will probably set up a case to go to there SCOTUS. Vote Clinton.
15) Elizabeth Warren
16) Pres. Obama and VP Biden
17) reciting the Miranda or constitutional rights to an arrestee.
18) Roseanne Barr. She said Trump wasn’t Hillary Clinton
20) Gordie Howe
Speaking of hockey, stay cool.