Well I guess this is Iowa’s version of the Super Bowl. The eyes of the nation, and some around the world will be watching to see what the farmers, factory workers, clerks, small business owners, students and professionals that call Iowa home will do as they gather in community centers across the state tomorrow. Then at 9PM as if ordered by some supreme master people and equipment will be leaving Iowa en masse to swarm on the next step in the process.
While Tuesday morning may feel like the day after Christmas to many here in Iowa – you know the “is the magic really over?” feeling – Mother Nature has already chosen an activity for us. Snow removal. One of Iowa’s favorite wintertime activities will be there waiting for us the next morning. Isn’t Mother Nature wonderful?
Were you paying attention?
1) When the clown bus unloaded in Des Moines Thursday night and attendance was taken before the Republican debate one was missing. Which one?
2) Friday (Jan. 29) was the seventh anniversary of the Fair Pay Act being signed into law. This law is better known by what person’s name?
3) Iowa’s caucus system was forced to move to much earlier in the process following new rules for selecting Democratic delegates following what tumultuous convention?
4) As the biggest newspaper in the first state test of presidential politics, the Des Moines Register endorsed what two candidates last week?
5) Super Bowl next week. Who’s playing?
6) In Des Moines what Republican presidential candidate hijacked a pre-school field trip to the botanical gardens to use the kids as props for an anti-abortion rally?
7) The owner of what major league baseball team is running ads against Bernie Sanders in Iowa prior to the caucuses?
8) Last Sunday in Muscatine Donald Trump added what religious group to the long list of groups he hates?
9) Feb. 1, 1960 in Greensboro, NC, 4 black students were refused service at a Woolworth lunch counter but stayed at the counter starting what form of protest?
10) Texas tried to prosecute Planned Parenthood, but last week the prosecution had some surprise results when the grand jury instead indicted who?
11) When federal officials arrested protesters near Burns, Oregon one protester was shot and killed. This man was best known for pictures of him covered by what?
12) Canada announced they will screen travelers to Central and South America from blood donations in an attempt to slow the spread of what virus?
13) President Obama banned what for juveniles in federal prisons Monday?
14) Prior to the Republican debates in Iowa Thursday fast food workers picketed the venue with what demand?
15) A $25 repair fee seemed to be the cause of a gunfight between the owner of what kind of store, his son and two customers in Mississippi last week?
16) Iowa’s caucuses got big media attention when what democratic candidate was propelled to an eventual gig in the White House with a good showing in Iowa?
17) Now here’s endorsements that might mean something. Donald Trump was endorsed by what two U of Iowa groups at a rally at the U of Iowa Fieldhouse Tuesday?
18) What evangelical ran second to Bob Dole in Iowa’s Republican caucus in 1988?
19) McDonald’s latest offering, mozzarella sticks, is facing a hard introduction due to what problem?
20) In 2008, Hillary Clinton finished in what position in the Iowa caucuses?
Now don’t forget we are all democrats, so play well together.
1) Donald Trump. They lost the Donald
2) Lilly Ledbetter
3) Chicago 1968
4) Hillary Clinton (dem) and Marco Rubio (rep)
5) Denver and Carolina. The game will be played in San Francisco a city that now seems to located in Santa Clara
6) Carly Fiorina
7) Chicago Cubs
8) Sikhs – Trump had a Sikh man removed who was silently holding a sign that said “Stop Hate”
10) the pair that filmed the bogus”documentary” that led to the investigation for falsifying records.
11) a blue tarp
12) The zika virus that may be the cause of microcephalic babies
13) solitary confinement
14) $15/hr. minimum wage
15) a gun store. The shop owner and his son were killed and the cutovers, also father and son, were gravely injured. Not sure who the good guy with the gun was here.
16) Jimmy Carter
17) members of the U of Iowa football and wrestling teams
18) Pat Robertson. Just imagine him as president
19) the mozzarella cheese is often missing from the sticks
20) 3rd behind Obama and Edwards