Below is the letter Congressman King sent to Christie Vilsack challenging her to six debates.
March 16, 2012
c/o Christie Vilsack for Iowa, Inc.
P.O. Box 641
Ames, Iowa 51010
Dear Mrs. Vilsack:
In an effort to conduct an open and honest discussion throughout the campaign, I propose a series of six debates (minimum of 60 minutes each).
Because of upcoming votes in Congress, my schedule is limited but I hope six debates will be adequate to inform the voting public. The locations proposed are designed to spread the debates across the district equitably.
1) Story County Fair, Nevada (12:00 pm on July 21, 2012)
2) Iowa Central Community College, Fort Dodge (7:00 pm on August 22, 2012)
3) Clay County Fair, Spencer (2:00 pm on September 8, 2012)
4) Morningside College, Sioux City (Lincoln-Douglas Style) (7:00 pm on September 29, 2012)
5) Santa Maria Vineyard & Winery, Carroll (6:30 pm on October 25, 2012)
6) Music Man Square, Mason City (Lincoln-Douglas Style) (6:00 pm on November 1, 2012)
I ask for a formal response by March 23, 2012, to ensure time to reserve facilities and finalize details. Let’s give Iowans a great series of debates focused on issues important to them.
Member of Congress