Action alert from United Rural Democrats
United Rural Democrats (URD) is leading the effort to rebuild the Democratic Party in rural America. If we’re going to take back our country, we need a 50-state strategy to organize in every community across the country.
In another discriminatory, unjust move, Republicans in elected positions across the country are moving to ban contraception for millions of Americans.
The GOP is threatening access to reproductive health, and you can be sure that this isn’t the end of the road. Soon, they’ll be targeting anything – voting rights, same-sex marriage, LGBTQ+ rights, and more.
Here are just some of the Republican representatives who have threatened to take away access to reproductive care.
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey – voiced support for a law that would ban abortions after six weeks.
- Alaska State Rep. Chris Kurka – introduced legislation that could make getting an abortion a felony.
- Louisiana State Rep. Danny McCormick – introduced legislation that classifies abortion as a homicide.
- Idaho State Rep. Brent Crane – said he would be open to holding hearings on bills that would ban emergency contraception.
- Missouri State Rep. Mary Elizabeth Coleman – introduced legislation that would allow private citizens to sue anyone who helps a Missouri resident get an out-of-state abortion.
The list goes on and on.
Republicans are gearing up to ban reproductive care in states across the country. And representatives in rural areas have been especially vocal about restricting women’s rights.
We need to make sure people know that there’s another option and that electing Democrats will result in a change. We can build a Democratic wave across the country in November, but we can’t do it alone. Are you with us?We can’t sit by while Republicans strip rural Americans of reproductive care.
URD candidate endorsements:
Governor: Deirdre DeJear >
Attorney General: Tom Miller >
Secretary of State: Eric Van Lancker >
State Auditor: Rob Sand >
U.S. Senate: Abby Finkenauer >
U.S. House, District 01: Christina Bohannon >
U.S. House, District 02: Liz Mathis >
U.S. House, District 03: Cindy Axne >
U.S. House, District 04: Ryan Melton >
United Rural Democrats
111 Lynn Ave
Ames, IA 50014