Youngster addresses Charlotte city council (2 minutes)
I saw that video online and was overwhelmed by it. The only thing it has to do with voting is to remind you of some of the unspoken issues in every district in the country. Equality for all despite race, gender or creed. You may have noticed that one side is decidedly short in this area this year.
Here is a take on last weeks debate from Andy Borowitz that seems to be right on the money:
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (The Borowitz Report)—Plunging the future of the 2016 Presidential debates into doubt, Donald J. Trump said on Tuesday morning that he would not participate in the remaining two debates if Hillary Clinton is there.
Trump blasted the format of Monday night’s debate by claiming that the presence of Clinton was “specifically designed” to distract him from delivering his message to the American people.
“Every time I said something, she would say something back,” he said. “It was rigged.”
He also lambasted the “underhanded tactics” his opponent used during the debate. “She kept on bringing up things I said or did,” he added. “She is a very nasty person.”
Were you paying attention?
1) Tweet storm! Donald Trump spent the early morning hours of Friday (3AM) tweeting nasty about who?
2) Last week Kentucky became the 6th state to report what usually lovable characters lurking in dark places to scare people at night?
3) 108 years ago yesterday, what major leap in technology went on sale? This item would dramatically alter America’s landscape and air quality.
4) Seattle Mariners suspended Steve Clevenger for the remainder of the season for doing what?
5) Donald Trump declared himself “smart” for not doing what in Monday’s debate?
6) “Arnie’s Army” lost its leader last week. Who was that?
7) Social media giant Twitter is rumored to be for sale. What media giant is said to be very interested in acquiring Twitter?
8) Once again testimony in the New Jersey Bridgegate scandal claimed that what major politician knew of the closures when it happened and did nothing?
9) When is a charity not a charity? When it hasn’t received proper what from the state?
10) We learned Monday that what 10 year old loves to cyber?
11) After telling probate court justices in Alabama to defy federal gay marriage rules, what Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice has been suspended for the rest of the term?
12) Polk County became the 4th county in Iowa to raise what?
13) Making an appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews what Libertarian presidential candidate had another “Aleppo” moment?
14) The Americas were declared to be the first global region free of what endemic disease?
15) What cartoon character has been designated a hate symbol by the Anti-Defamation League alongside the Nazi swastika and the Confederate flag?
16) Revelations by news week’s Kurt Eichenwald show that candidate Donald Trump illegally did business with what country?
17) Fifty-nine years ago next Tuesday Americans were jolted by the news that the USSR had done what while they slept?
18) Congress adjourned for the elections after a budget extension that included money for repairing the water system in what beleaguered city?
19) CEO John Stumpf of what “too big to fail” bank has been forced to forgo stock options and bonuses worth $41 million due to claw back provisions imposed by his board of directors?
20) After overriding the President’s veto on the 9/11 Saudi Arabian lawsuit bill, Republican leaders had second thoughts and claimed the President had “not done enough” to do what?
Tuesday Trump claimed he was declared winner of a post debate poll by CBS. No such poll was ever conducted
1) Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado. Among other things, Trump claimed she made porn videos she never made.
3) Ford’s Model T
4) racist tweets
5) paying taxes.
6) Golfer Arnold Palmer
8) Chris Christie
9) Certification. Specifically the Trump Foundation was never certified to receive contributions. Very illegal (David Farenthold of the Washington Post reporting)
10) Baron Trump
11) Roy Moore
12) minimum wage
13) Gary Johnson
15) Pepe the frog
17) launched the Sputnik satellite
19) Wells Fargo – a big thanks to Elizabeth Warren for that BTW.
20) stop them from overriding their veto. After the override Republicans are having second thoughts about the consequences.
In case you missed this. Hillary Clinton “Between Two Ferns” (6 minutes)