After Tuesday’s #NoDAPL Solidarity Nationwide Day of Action saw thousands turn out in over 100 cities to support Pipeline Fighters and Water Protectors, we’re seeing the movement to stop the Dakota Access pipeline spread like a prairie fire.
On Thursday and Friday, the 47 brave citizens who have already been arrested in acts of nonviolent civil disobedience to stop the pipeline in Iowa had their respective days in court, and we were there to stand with them in support and solidarity.
The more than 2,400 signers of the Bakken Pipeline Pledge of Resistance are now called to join us again on Thursday, Sept. 22 for a Midwest Mobilization at the Boone County Fairgrounds.
Our Bakken Pledge co-organizers at Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (ICCI) are spearheading this day of action that will include speakers, a nonviolence training, a simultaneous Just Transition teach-in, a session featuring landowners’ perspective on the pipeline, and cap off with a nonviolent direct action to stop construction of the Dakota Access pipeline.
- WHAT: Midwest Mobilization to Stop Dakota Access
- WHO: Bold Iowa, Iowa CCI, 100 Grannies for a Livable Future and signers of the Bakken Pledge of Resistance
- WHERE: Boone County Fairgrounds, 1601 Industrial Park Rd Boone, IA 50036 (map)
- WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 22, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- RSVP: Click here to RSVP on Facebook and share the event with friends.
We’ll be sending an email update next week with additional details about Midwest Mobilization on Sept. 22.
- SEPT. 29: Stand in Court with Bold Iowa & Iowa CCI vs. Dakota Access
- OCT. 30: Bold Iowa co-hosts #ClimateRevolution Rally and doc screening with Josh Fox in Des Moines
Thanks for standing with us.
Ed Fallon and the Bold Iowa team
735 19th ST
Des Moines, IA 50314 US