Ever wonder who’s advising the Republican on just what the public wants to see them do? Last year it was shutting down the government. Very popular move among about 10% of eligible voters. Then there is their constant war on women. They claim they love women, yet they do all they can to cut their pay, cut any public assistance and of course their old stand by cutting off birth control. Just to top it off Todd Akin – famous for his “legitimate rape” comment two years ago – has a book out where he says he should not have apologized, that his first statement was true.
Apparently the very rule to be a Republican is never, ever admit a mistake. If something went wrong, it was someone else’s fault. Bet they couldn’t make it through today’s quiz without making a mistake. They would blame it on me, no doubt.
Here we go:
1) The World Cup has been full of drama and heroes. Except for Tuesday when what team absorbed the worst defeat in World Cup semifinals history?
2) This man led the 3rd district Republican convention up to the last ballot. Now he is exploring a run for congress as an independent. Who is this man?
3) The Republicans in Congress are suing President Obama. Where did one tweeter suggest the Republicans get the offset to pay for the cost of the suit?
4) President Obama asked congress for $3.7 billion to address what bubbling up crisis?
5) There is a predicted shortage of what product that went on sale in Washington this week?
6) Former mayor Ray Nagin was sentenced to 10 years for corruption during his stint as mayor of what major American city?
7) The Supreme Court may have to reconvene to ban a potential new type of birth control that is administered how?
8) “She’s looking for a new job to quit” quipped John Fugelsang about what political persona who expressed interest in hosting “the View?”
9) Iowa Republican Party’s leaders are having a hard time picking up where the former leaders left off. What do the old leaders know that the new leaders don’t?
10) Three weeks or so after losing a Republican senate primary bid in Mississippi, who is threatening to sue claiming “irregularities?”
11) Despite his claims to the contrary the state workforce in Iowa under Branstad has actually grown or decreased?
12) This major American city is having a good week. First what city was picked to be the site of the 2016 Republican convention, then had its native all-star NBA player announced he was returning to play there this fall?
13) Caught with her mouth moving and words coming out. A tape of Joni Ernst from last January shows her calling for what?
14) California is looking to come down hard on people who waste what natural resource?
15) A study from Stanford points to dramatically less time spent in what activity as a major reason for the obesity epidemic in America?
Rosie O’Donnell is coming back to the View. Pugnacious is all I can think of. Put on the gloves here come Rosie. It will be fun.
1) Brazil got a butt-kicking.
2) Brad Zaun
3) don’t pay Republican lawmakers.
4) the immigrant children at the borders.
6) New Orleans
7) by remote control – well in 2018 anyway
8) Sarah Palin
9) the user names and passwords to get into the computers.
10) Chris McDaniel
13) Obama’s impeachment. She also called him a dictator
15) exercise time per American is way down.