This just in from Sam Newton at the Theresa Greenfield campaign.
Hi all – As Politifact is slamming the NRSC’s latest false claim against Theresa Greenfield, that now means every political attack that the NRSC and the Ernst campaign have launched against Theresa on TV since the start of the general election has been debunked by an independent fact check.
If you want to see what a campaign with no message in late July looks like, here’s a rundown of how Senator Ernst and the NRSC have been “grasping at straws” to make up political attacks about Theresa, whether it’s objectively false claims about her business record, position on taxes or her pledge to take zero dimes from corporate PACs.
- Politifact on July 23rd on NRSC ads about Greenfield’s stance on taxes: “… it’s hard to find evidence that the tax is forcing average farmers and business owners to sell their estates. We rated this claim Mostly False.”
- KCRG Fact Check July 20th on NRSC ads about Greenfield’s business record: “National Republican attack ad goes after Theresa Greenfield’s record, makes dubious claims… it was not an eviction and Greenfield’s company provided more notice than is required by law.”
- KCRG Fact Check on July 17th on Ernst ads about corporate PAC donations: “An ad from Republican Sen. Joni Ernst accuses her challenger, Democrat Theresa Greenfield of lying about her pledge against corporate donations… Greenfield has kept her promise and did not lie.”
- Iowa Starting Line on June 24th on NRSC attacks about Theresa’s business record: “A May 1 article in the Washington Free Beacon falsely claims Greenfield “personally signed eviction notices” for the Apple Valley tenants.”
- Cedar Rapids Gazette on June 22nd on NRSC ads about Theresa’s business record: “The ad says that Rottlund Homes was ‘her company.’ When most people hear those words they might think she was the founder or chief executive officer, but she was neither…. We give the ad a C…they put responsibility on Greenfield without also proving her culpability.”
Unfortunately, it’s likely as Ernst continues to lag in the polls and fundraising, her campaign and allies will only become more desperate and misleading.